Public & Private Camping Tours
(6 person minimum on Private Tours)
includes bioluminescence or moonlight tour from camp
Please Call 415.669.2600 to Set Up a Private Camping Adventure
Your day will start at Miller Boat Launch, where we will load all of your camping gear in to our closed deck double kayaks. (You should have no problem fitting all of your essentials if you pack “backpack style”) Once loaded we will paddle over to the Point Reyes National Seashore for a beautiful morning of exploring before we make it to the beach that we will call camp. Your guide will be available to help with questions as you set up camp, then you have the day to yourself to enjoy whatever you would like (hiking, swimming, exploring the intertidal zone, reading, relaxing, ect…)
On all our group camps, your guide and camp host will lead guided tours from camp for anyone who wants to explore Tomales Bay after the sun goes down. On dark nights we’ll explore the shoreline and be thrilled by the natural light show in the water that is bioluminescence, and on moonlit nights we’ll paddle in the glow of glorious moonlight and stars. (There is still a slight chance to see bioluminescence on these moonlit nights if the fog comes in) Both are wonderful and exciting experiences! In both cases, your night will end with you sleeping peacefully at the waters edge.
Blue Waters Kayaking Provides:
- Kayaks with all Kayaking Gear
- Knowledgeable & Friendly Guides
- Camping Gear: Propane Fire Pit, 2 Burner Stove, 2 pots, 2 pans, 2 lanterns, hand washing station, & cleaning supplies.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Food for your entire trip
- Plate or Bowl
- Eating Utensils
- 10AM – Arrive at Miller Boat Launch, and meet your guides. (Parking at Miller Boat Launch is limited on weekends, so arriving early is strongly suggested) – Unload your camping gear, park your vehicle, get oriented to your paddling gear, and load your kayaks. (full water bottle, snacks, sunblock, waterproof camera, ect…..should usually be packed somewhere accessible)
- 11-1PM -Enjoy a beautiful paddle over to your campsite with our fun and knowledgeable guides.
- 1pm-Dark – Once we arrive at our beach you will set up base camp and then enjoy lunch. After lunch you will have free time to enjoy the beach and the Point Reyes National Seashore. Explore the coastline by kayak, take a hike up the ridge, read a book, take a nap, swim….there are so many options.
- After Dark (time will change depending on the time of year) – Night Paddle from the beach.
- 9AM – Break down camp and load our gear in our boats.
- 10AM – The group will paddle back together to Miller Boat Launch, and we will be done by 12pm