Full Day Paddle and Hike – Naturalist Led Tour
We will meet at the Blue Waters Kayaking site in Inverness. After organizing gear and going over basic kayaking instructions and safety procedures, we’ll launch our boats and paddle along the bay. We’ll paddle along the Pt. Reyes shoreline, enjoying the wildlife and beautiful scenery. We’ll share a leisurely potluck lunch at one of the many beautiful Tomales Bay beaches. After lunch we will put on our hiking shoes and explore the trails of Tomales Bay State Park. Your naturalist guide will interpret the plant and animal life and the geology of this fascinating area. After hiking we’ll re-launch our kayaks and paddle back to base, enjoying the quiet and solitude of the bay. A perfect trip for beginners and pros alike.
|Itinerary:||We will meet at the Blue Waters Kayaking site in Inverness. After organizing gear and going over basic kayaking instructions and safety procedures, we’ll launch our boats and paddle along the bay. We’ll paddle along the Pt. Reyes shoreline, enjoying the wildlife and beautiful scenery. We’ll share a leisurely potluck lunch at one of the many beautiful Tomales Bay beaches. After lunch we will put on our hiking shoes and explore the trails of Tomales Bay State Park.|
|Equipment:||Our double kayaks track well, are difficult to capsize, and are easy to maneuver. All the necessary gear such as life jackets, paddles and spray skirts is provided.|
|What to Bring:||Come prepared for variable weather. Bring clothes that reflect your degree of sensitivity to heat or cold.
* Sun screen & lip balm
* Hat with sun visor
* Wool or fleece hat (for cold days)
* 1 liter (minimum) water bottle
* Shorts or baggy pants that can be rolled up to your knees are best for paddling
* Shoes you don’t mind getting wet such as Teva type river sandals, wetsuit booties, or aqua socks.
* Tennis shoes with wool socks or rubber boots are good in cool weather.
* Waterproof jacket
* Wool, capilene, poly pro, or some other synthetic long sleeve, long underwear shirt that will keep you warm when it is wet. (Cotton or cotton blend clothing retains water and will keep you cold if it becomes wet.)
* Pile or fleece pullover or a wool sweater
* Change of clothes, including dry shoes
* Potluck lunch (if booked on full day tour) – please bring picnic items that you can share with other people
|Release Form:||Please print out, read, sign, and BRING the release of liability and assumption of risk form with you on our trip.|
Please understand that when a reservation is made with Blue Waters Kayaking, it is a commitment on our part to hold seats in a kayak for you. This often involves considerable work on our part to make sure that the right equipment is ready for you at the right place and time. We can (and often do) turn away others from that particular date (or trip). If you decide to cancel, it can be difficult for us to book someone else on that trip, and in some cases may cause a trip to be cancelled due to the effect on minimum group size requirements. With this in mind we have implemented the following cancellation policy:
* Up to 7 days prior to the event: A $5 per person processing fee will be charged for any cancellation on any reservation. Full refunds of any fees paid will be given during this time period, minus the $5 processing fee. There is no charge for rescheduling during this time period.
* 7 days prior to the event: Your reservation is considered final, and all fees are due and payable. Unpaid credit card deposits will be charged. After this time no money will be refunded
* Within 7 days and up to 72 hours prior to your event: you may reschedule for an additional 50% payment of the class or trip cost. Upon rescheduling, you will receive a new reservation confirmation.
* Within 72 hours and including the day of the event: all cancellations and no shows will be charged in full with no refunds or reschedules unless due to inclement weather. (see below)
We attempt in all cases to determine prior to your tour launch if weather will impede your trip. However, there are rare occasions where we have launched and weather patterns change suddenly at which time we must return to shore.
In this case the following policies apply and each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
~~Where tour is cancelled after we already launched the kayaks and must return to shore patrons can:
Reschedule with a future trip
~~Where tour is cancelled before we have launched the kayaks patrons can:
Reschedule the same trip on a future date (at no cost)
In the event you choose to cancel you will receive a full refund minus the $5 per person non-refundable deposit that was included in your reservation.
Directions: Blue Waters Kayaking – Inverness is located on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard 1 mile north of the town of Inverness at 12944 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Our site is located next to the Tomales Bay Resort. The driveway is just past (west) the entrance to the Tomales Bay Resort. PLEASE DO NOT PARK AT THE TOMALES BAY RESORT.