Bioluminescence & Moonlight Camping Tours Every Saturday
(includes bioluminescence or moonlight tour from camp)
11am (Saturday) – 11am (Sunday)
Every Saturday on Bioluminescence Weekends
Every Saturday from May-November in 2019
Private Tours can be set up any day of the week by calling 415.669.2600
On all our group camps, your guide and camp host will lead guided tours from camp for anyone who wants to explore Tomales Bay after the sun goes down. On dark nights we’ll explore the shoreline and be thrilled by the natural light show in the water that is bioluminescence, and on moonlit nights we’ll paddle in the glow of glorious moonlight and stars. (There is still a slight chance to see bioluminescence on these moonlit nights if the fog comes in) Both are wonderful and exciting experiences! In both cases, your night will end with you sleeping peacefully at the waters edge.
*There will camps on two consecutive nights for Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends: Saturday and Sunday. You can arrange to stay for one or both nights.
(Times are approximate, and may change due to weather conditions, activity at the public boat ramp, or other unforeseen circumstances)
- 11AM – Arrive at Miller Boat Launch, and meet your guides. (Parking at Miller Boat Launch is limited on weekends, so carpooling and arriving early is strongly suggested)
- 12:30pM – Unload your camping gear to be taken over on our motorboat, park your vehicle, get oriented to your gear, and load your kayaks with whatever you would like for the paddle over. (full water bottle, snacks, sunblock, waterproof camera, ect)
- 12:30-2PM -Enjoy a beautiful paddle over to your campsite with our fun and knowledgeable guides.
- 2pm-Dark – Once we arrive at our beach we will set up our base camp & kitchen, which will be available to use at your leasure throughout the trip. Ater lunch you will have free time to enjoy the beach and the Point Reyes National Seashore. Explore the coastline by kayak, take a hike up the ridge, read a book, take a nap, swim….there are so many options.
- After Dark (time will change depending on the time of year) – Night Paddle from the beach.
- 9AM – Our motor boat will arrive at the beach to load our camping gear to be brought back to Miller Boat Launch.
- 10AM – The group will paddle back together to Miller Boat Launch and will be done by 11am