Tomales Bay is one of the top paddling destinations in California, and we have been helping plan paddle based trips here for over 35 years. No matter what your skill level, we have multiple options for your next adventure.
Blue Waters Kayaking is now offering Kayak & SUP Rentals from the shore of Heart’s Desire Beach EVERY SATURDAY & SUNDAY! Monday through Friday reservations available by ADVANCED RESERVATION – $800 Minimum
The protected shore of Heart’s Desire Beach is one of the best launching locations on Tomales Bay with beautiful granite cliffs, white sandy beaches, hiking trails, BBQs, swimming areas, and more. This area can get busy so reservations are strongly suggested. Walk-Ins available from 9-3pm based on availability of boats & parking. The parking lot can fill up after 11am.
No Rack? No Problem! From our headquarters in downtown Point Reyes Station, we have everything you need to load up kayaks or SUPs on your vehicle, and this easy process allows you a much wider array of options when exploring Tomales Bay. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will make sure you are confident from beginning to end. 2 kayaks or 3 SUPs can fit on top of any vehicle.
Take Away Day Trip Launching Destinations
- Heart’s Desire Beach
- Chicken Ranch Beach
- White House Pool
- Millerton Point
- Miller Boat Launch
- Load your boat or board on to a set of wheels from our headquarters and walk them 7 to 10 minutes to Lagunitas Creek (Best on tides above 1.5ft)
- Our rentals are NOT allowed at Drake’s Estero, north of Tom’s Point on Tomales Bay, or in the open ocean.
All Take Away Rentals meet from our NEW HEADQUARTERS next to the gas station in Point Reyes Station (11401 CA-1, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956)
Included in the Total Price below: Kayak or SUP and all necessary gear, as well as a 5% non-refundable booking fee.
Please Note: For all kayak rentals children must be at least 5 years old and weigh minimum 50 lbs
Parking is limited in the Point Reyes area. Carpooling saves money, space, and the environment.
Included in the rental fee is a short introductory kayak lesson, directions on where to go and what to see, as well as your paddling equipment such as paddle, life vest, and a wet suit.
We also rent closed deck kayaks if you have taken a recovery course with us or another kayak outfitter. (One person per kayak must have taken the course – call 415.669.2600 for availability)
Check out our Camping Page if you’re interested in more information about boat-in camping.
Tomales Bay Beach Map
~If you are on a phone and having trouble viewing this map, click on the icon in the upper right hand corner of the map to view this map on Google Maps.~
GREEN TAG: Public Launch Location
ORANGE TAG: Boat-in Camping Beach
YELLOW TAG: Boat-in Camping Beach w/ Seasonal Closure
GREY TAG: Boat-in Camping Beach w/ Public Restroom
PURPLE TAG: Day use beach
RED TAG: Do Not Land
Please understand that when a reservation is made with Blue Waters Kayaking, it is a commitment on our part to hold seats in a kayak for you. This often involves considerable work on our part to make sure that the right equipment is ready for you at the right place and time. We can (and often do) turn away others from that particular date (or trip). If you decide to cancel, it can be difficult for us to book someone else on that trip, and in some cases may cause a trip to be cancelled due to the effect on minimum group size requirements. With this in mind, we have implemented the following cancellation policy:
- All reservations are subject to a 5% non-refundable handling fee at the time of booking.
- Up to 7 days prior to the event: Full refunds of any fees paid will be given during this time period, minus the 5% non-refundable handling fee. There is no charge for rescheduling during this time period.
- 7 days prior to the event: Your reservation is considered final, and all fees are due and payable. Unpaid credit card deposits will be charged. After this time no money will be refunded
- Within 7 days (including the day of the event): all cancellations and no shows will be charged in full with no refunds or reschedules unless due to inclement weather. (see below)
We attempt in all cases to determine prior to your tour launch if weather will impede your trip. However, there are rare occasions where we have launched and weather patterns change suddenly at which time we must return to shore.
In this case the following policies apply and each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements.
~~Where tour is cancelled after we already launched the kayaks and must return to shore within the first-hour patrons can:
- Reschedule with a future trip
- Receive a 50% refund
~~Where tour is cancelled before we have launched the kayaks patrons can:
- Reschedule the same trip for a future date (at no cost)
- Cancel completely. Each patron is responsible to contact the office to make arrangements. In the event you choose to cancel you will receive a full refund minus the 5% handling fee.